TFS Solution Info eliminates code branch confusion for Developers and Build Managers so they don't do the right thing in the wrong place! It is Developed in C# using the Visual Studio and TFS SDKs and currently supports Visual Studio 2010.
It attempts to use some logical colors out of the current Visual Studio Theme, but isn’t great at that yet.
Here’s a sample of what it looks like now:
This is my first Visual Studio Extension, so it's a little rough around the edges.
This code is published under the Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL).
This project has had 3 phases so far:
- VB Macro – Started as a VB macro in Visual Studio modifying the Solution Explorer window title based on the directory on disk
- Add-In -- Then I moved that logic into C# and made it a basic add-in, doing the same thing.
- VS Extension – The local directory-based approach was not accurate enough and was too much of a hack, so I decided to go "nuts" and make it use the TFS SDK as well in order to get real information and display things in a toolwindow
I will be adding many things to this including, but not limited to:
- An icon :)
- Dev 11 support
- Integrate into the new Team Explorer
- Integrated Options (in the Tools->Options menu)
- custom font settings
- display options
- branch context menu with:
- View Branch Hierarchy
- View Folder in Source Control Explorer
- Possible Solution Explorer integration
- Project-by-Project information (some people don't check in their Solution files and may include many projects from different places)
If you'd like to contribute, I welcome it.